…probably won’t make every day but I will do my best! I was going to be cleaning house today for a big ol patio party tomorrow for all my teacher buddies but…they are forecasting 2-3 inches of rain- here tomorrow… in Oklahoma…in August! It has been one strange and wet summer…So no party, it’s a little hard to party on a patio when it’s pouring down rain I know, I know I could clean house anyway buuuutttttt…
I’ll blog instead!
So let’s see 10 things about me. That’s going to be a little hard because you all know so much about me already. I’m an open book I tell ya.
But here goes:
1. I will be 49 years old this year. It seems really weird to say that. 49 always seemed so old before, but not now. Now it’s just another number, another year. I kinda still think of myself as twentyish. But of course my eyes, skin, and hair all tell me different. I’m ok with 49 though, as long as I’m still the youngest (two older brothers)!
2. My son is getting married next summer. Have I told you that already? He and his fiancé will be married on June 13, 2014…Friday the 13th. They have no problem with that though because they said they are lucky enough for it not to matter. How sweet is that? I’m super excited about the wedding. I’m doing the cooking for the rehearsal dinner, and the reception (with a little help from my friends). My son, Kanten proposed the day after Deanna’s birthday, and two days after she graduated with her MBA from OSU, AND he hired a photographer to capture it all. How sweet is that? It was a pretty eventful weekend for her. I raised him well!!
3. My baby girl leaves for college again this week for her Second year at OSU, but she is looking at a whole new degree…elementary education. She has changed from wildlife management to children management…it’s kinda the same thing LOL I’m so very proud of her, I hope she enjoys her new endeavor. I for one think she’ll be a natural.
4. Have I ever mentioned I hate shoes? Well I do. They are hot, and squish my toes and ruin my pedicure. They are the first things that come off when I hit the door after school…and sometimes before then.
5. I have not always been a teacher. The first 15 years of my adult life I was a hairstylist. It wasn’t until my son went to school that the desire to teach that I’d had in high school returned. I think it was something about the smell of a school building the first day of school. I still love it!
7. We did not have a vacation but we had some amazing weekends spent at my bestest buddy’s lake. “Klinger Lake.” We had so many good evenings out there this summer. I hate to give them up when school starts. If you have never had steaks cooked over a campfire with pecan wood you should for sure try it. I love those “Klinger’s!”
8. My classroom cleaning is done! I have just a few odds and ends left to do and then I will post many pics and tell you about my super smart idea for this year, mine and my btb (bestest teacher buddy) theme, and maybe include a freebie or two AND a GIVEAWAY!
9. I am looking forward to this year because I am only going to have 14 or 15 kiddos! It has been awhile since I’ve had less than 20. I tell you I don’t know how some of you do it with 25 and more kids. How do you ever get through reading groups?10. I love blogging. I have learned so much from this blogging world and I am so grateful for the community and friendships it has brought to my life. I’m so thankful for the doors it has opened and the enrichment you all have brought to me through your blogs!